Saturday 8 October 2011

And then we went walking...

I'm sorry I've been MIA for the last few weeks, busy with new job and busy enjoying the gorgeous weather that we had last week.
I went out for a walk with my Mum recently, and we both took our cameras (she has a new Olympus after years of an old Kodak circa 2001). This is a walk around the fields surrounding the village where we live, and we do it often. But this is the first time I've taken pictures, and looking back at them I'm appreciating the beauty of the area all over again.

Off we went, past King John's Hunting Lodge. We didn't stop off for tea today, because it's definitely a 'treat' kind of tearoom. (For those Frome locals, this is run by Margaret Vaughan who used to own The Settle there).

We wandered around the churchyard, and I remembered walking around it as a child, being scared of the tombstones and rusty ironwork. Now I think it's beautiful.

(Didn't have the preview screen on here, turned out a bit lop-sided!)




Next up was the ford, the fields and the river...




This was a lovely way to spend an afternoon, and I was glad we went. It was getting a little windy by the time we got home, so we had hot chocolates in the kitchen.

Autumn is truly here, leaves are falling and skies are grey. My favourite season, blankets on the bed and warm wooly scarves, the smell of woodsmoke and the crunch of leaves underfoot.
xxx

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful photographs, you live in a lovely area. I am loving Autumn right now too. I love the colours. I hope your new job is going well! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful part of the world you live in!

    ReplyDelete