Wednesday 31 October 2012

Homemade Christmas Gift Ideas

I've been having a little think this evening about the gifts I can make for Christmas. A little early I know but it always comes around too quickly and I always end up rushing out and buying things instead.

 I already have Oscar sorted with his little blanket, but other than that I'm not sure.

My sister wants a tea cosy, I'm thinking this one designed by Ruth Cross:


(But I'd have to buy the book)

Alternatively this beauty by Keren Smith looks amazing but potentially a little beyond my knitting skills


The link to the pattern is here

I thought I might knit my mum a lacy scarf like this one




How did I ever cope without Ravelry? If you aren't a member then get over there and join quick sharp.

I've also been looking at edible gifts for the male/not so into knitted gifts members of the family.

Here are some that look amazing:

Candied Cinnamon Almonds

Toffee Blondies

Cowgirl Cookies

Incidentally the last website took up a good portion of my evening. Be warned. 

Any other good ideas for gifts? I like things that don't look handmade but people know they are. 

Hmmmmm.

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment