Sunday 25 November 2012

Advent Calendar

Seeing as next Saturday is the 1st of December, I finally got around to making an advent calendar. 

Last year we didn't have one at all, and in years before we've just had a bowl of sweets on the dining room table. 

But this year, I came across Angry Chicken and her envelope advent calendar.


I used the same website for the digital collage sheets, http://www.digitalcollagesheets.com. There are lots of great things on here, and it doesn't seem that expensive seeing as you can print them as many times as you like.


We are 23 and 26 so not so much into stickers and toys, but we'll go for a chocolate coin any day.


Because I've put 2 coins in each envelope, they are a little full, but I'm not sure how to get around this as bigger envelopes wouldn't work. I used some pretty ribbon and some large copper paperclips to fix the envelopes on with. 


They look really cute though and they've started the festive theme in our house. 


I may or may not adapt these to include a little message to open every day, but thought it might be a bit too twee. 


Has anyone else started any festive making? I'd love to see!!

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment