Friday 15 July 2011

A little tour


Today I thought I'd take you on a little tour of my garden. I must admit, some of these photos were taken earlier in the year, but they are all in my garden :)

Up the steps we go....

This is our little garden shed, we're going to lay a patio outside it so we can sit of a summer's evening with a cold glass of wine and enjoy the honeysuckle climbing up the trees.

This is one of my neighbours' houses, isn't that rose amazing?

I don't know what these flowers are called (you may have noticed that for all my practical gardening knowledge, my understanding of names and botany leaves much to be desired). They're a lovely colour though.


These are my herb pots, at this point I had mint, bergamot, basil, and sage. Since then the bergamot has given up and the basil withered but I think is making a comeback.


This is my little vegetable patch, so far it's been a success, we have had lots of delicious vegetables, and I find it really relaxing pottering around.

This is our little apple tree. The apples on it are ripening nicely, and I'm looking forward to them. I don't know which variety they are, is there any way to find out?

This amazing rose is another thing that Daphne (the lady who lived here before us) left us in the garden. It started flowering in May and is still going strong. It doesn't smell that strong though, so I would like to plant a headier, old-fashioned scented rose next to it. Does anyone have any recommendations?

James took lots of pictures of me hanging out the washing, and I think they capture those first bright days of summer beautifully.

This pretty butterfly obligingly stayed still enough for me to take pictures of it. I love how paper thin the wings look.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I'm your newest follwer. I loved the pictures of your trip, but just absolutely adored your garden pictures you posted. Beautiful. I wish someday I could come to your part of the world, but until then, I can look at your lovely pictures and dream. Thanks for sharing them. Also thank you for visiting my blog, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'll be posting that washcloth tutorial soon. You'll love making them. I'm just getting things finished for our local county fair, so I'm really really busy now! Take care,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete