Friday 8 July 2011

Winter Wishing




Around this time of year, when the weather has been close and hot for a few weeks, I have a yearning for those crisp winter days. Berries covered in frost, seeing your breath on the freezing air, and a long walk ending with hot cocoa. Don't get me wrong, I would only wish for one day like this, one where your head is clear and your body swaddled in warm clothes. Middle of July would do me fine.

These pictures were taken last winter, on a walk in Castle Combe. This is one of our favourite walks, the village itself is beautiful as well, and makes for a good day out. Who knew that blackberries were still around in December?!


Wouldn't it be nice to have a season swap for one day in summer and one in winter? There are some times in January that I would kill for more than 8 hours of daylight!
At the moment, there's nothing but rain, I wish it would make its mind up one way or another. Now, where did I put my jumper, blanket, and favourite cocoa mug...?

No comments:

Post a Comment